Channel Strip Including Mic Preamp, Dynamics, Filtering And Optional A-D
Focusrite's ISA 430 MkII is closely based on the original ISA 110 mic pre and subsequent ISA 130 dynamics sections originally design by Rupert Neve for George Martin's Neve console. The unit is a
comprehensive channel strip comprising mic pre, filters, parametric EQ, shelving EQ, VCA/optical compressor/limiter, gate, de-esser and optional stereo A-D card.
The equaliser itself features two separate parametric bands plus shelving low and high frequencies, high- and low-pass filters and the ability to switch individual EQ elements into the compressor side-chain. The four powerful processors that make up the ISA 430 MkII can all be used independently or patched into each other in a variety of ways for maximum versatility.
The dynamics section, recalls the original Trevor Stride/Rupert Neve ISA 130 that dates back to 1987. It features a sophisticated expander/gate section as well as a versatile compressor. Both of these feature modern transparent VCA-based control elements for maximum compression without artefacts. The compressor also features the original vintage optical design for a truly traditional sound, and you can mix the original signal into the compressor output, maintaining dynamics as you take control. Like the other sections of the ISA 430 Mk II, there's a "Listen" button so you can hear exactly what each module is doing.
Not only is the ISA 430 Mk II a powerful channel strip, combining heritage mic amps, equalisation and dynamics; and optional superb-quality digital conversion, each element (and in the case of the equaliser, each section) can be used as a completely separate device for the ultimate in versatility.
- Hugely versatile channel strip
- Variable cut-off high-pass and low-pass filters
- Variable two-band shelving EQ
- Custom reordering of processors
- Optional stereo A-D card with up to 192kHz, 24 bit sampling via AES3, S/PDIF or ADAT
- Classic ISA mic preamp design featuring Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Two-band parametric EQ
- VCA/Optical Compressor/Limiter
- Access individual processors through rear panel XLR connectors
- Backlit VU meter with variable calibration